Download and cache only specific packages.

Marc-Andre Legault

May 1, 2019, 10:38:20 AM5/1/19
to reposado
Hi, I didn't want to download and cache the full 400GB+ of packages from Apple, just for 3 packages that needs to be deployed to 50+ MacBook. Did I missed the option to do that with reposado? I ended up adding an array in the preference.plist to list specific packages that I want to be cached locally, while the remaining is still pointing to Apple's servers. I also modified repo_sync to read this array and download/rewrite only those package in the catalogs. Is anyone interested in this functionality? Did I missed something? Thx!

Gregory Neagle

May 1, 2019, 11:18:22 AM5/1/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
> On May 1, 2019, at 7:34 AM, Marc-Andre Legault <marc.an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I didn't want to download and cache the full 400GB+ of packages from Apple, just for 3 packages that needs to be deployed to 50+ MacBook. Did I missed the option to do that with reposado? I ended up adding an array in the preference.plist to list specific packages that I want to be cached locally, while the remaining is still pointing to Apple's servers. I also modified repo_sync to read this array and download/rewrite only those package in the catalogs. Is anyone interested in this functionality? Did I missed something? Thx!

I don't have the need, so I've never written the functionality.

If you only ever have to use reposado to provide 3 packages to some MacBooks, I'd guess you are using it very differently than in the way I envisioned when I wrote it. (Not that that is bad -- just not surprising that if your scenario is quite different than mine the code may not provide the features you need).

-Greg

Morgan Marodin

May 2, 2019, 3:32:24 AM5/2/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
You have to loop 2 instances of reposado, I did so.
In the first you approve the updates that you want, the second one has the first approved list as source catalog.

I know, I know, I should write a tutorial about that :)