Mojave not seeing updates

Ryan Stasel

Sep 12, 2019, 9:30:32 PM9/12/19
to 'Gregory Neagle' via reposado
Hi All,

I’ve been making the push to Mojave over the last few months, and I’m noticing that Mojave doesn’t seem to be seeing reposado available updates, and I cannot figure out why.

Looking at the logs on the webserver (reposado server) it looks like the clients are all asking for a listing, looking at the packages, looking at the “integrityDataV1”… just they always come back with “no updates available”. These are 10.14.4 machines… so there’s definitely an update.

Anyone seen this? know a better way to troubleshoot? For the life of me, I can’t get softwareupdate to be verbose at all. =(

Thanks!

-Ryan Stasel

Mike Solin

Sep 12, 2019, 9:49:05 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com

Ryan Stasel

Sep 12, 2019, 10:07:16 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
It does I believe. Reposado seems to be downloading updates successfully. Clients just don’t seem to see them. :/

Greg Neagle

Sep 12, 2019, 10:09:59 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
...which then prompts the question: to what catalog are you pointing your Mojave clients?

Sent from my iPhone

Ryan Stasel

Sep 12, 2019, 10:26:32 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Branches that are identical to the Apple “trunk”. I will test just pointing to the Apple trunk tomorrow.

Is there no way to actually get softwareupdate to give any verbose feedback?

Gregory Neagle

Sep 12, 2019, 10:28:55 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
I know of none.

/var/log/install.log is the main place to look.

It’s possible you might get more data from `log show` with the correct options.

Sent from my iPhone

Mike Solin

Sep 12, 2019, 10:29:16 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
What are you configuring your clients to point to? Is it a specific catalog (which could be the wrong OS), or are you using URL rewrites?

Ryan Stasel

Sep 12, 2019, 10:39:37 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

So, I don’t recall if i updated the rewrite for 10.14 now that you mention it. Will look tomorrow.

Thanks!

Ryan Stasel

Sep 12, 2019, 10:50:35 PM9/12/19
to 'Gregory Neagle' via reposado
Good guess! I haven’t figured out why yet, but my .htaccess was moved aside, and after adding 10.14 line, clients are still being handed 10.13 catalog.

but yes, definitely not a reposado issue.

Thanks all for screwing my head on right. =)

Mike Solin

Sep 12, 2019, 10:52:11 PM9/12/19
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Cool, glad you’re a bit closer now! :)