Catalina no longer allowing custom SoftwareUpdate URLs?

sondjata olatunji

Jan 17, 2020, 10:05:22 AM1/17/20
to reposado
Happened to notice my testing machine reporting the following URL when updating:

Even though I have a profile that specifies our internal repo.

Looking at the softwareupdate plist I notice, among other things, no CatalogURL key. This "seed" thing is curious as the install came directly from Apple, but even then I've never seen a 'gz" in the URL nor the missing CatalogURL key.

Anyone else seen this?

Greg Neagle

Jan 17, 2020, 11:19:37 AM1/17/20
to repo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like this machine is enrolled in a Seed program.

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil current

sudo /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Seeding.framework/Versions/A/Resources/seedutil unenroll

etc