Reportmagic & Analog6 question

Steve Chatham

Feb 7, 2013, 12:56:13 PM2/7/13
to reportma...@googlegroups.com
I have an internal website that I am getting users to log in to, so I have both IP & usernames.  I am wanting to measure specific types of page loads also.  They may come from different parts of the website, but I know the requests I am looking for have a parameter passed with them, "?book=".  No matter what the page is (default.aspx, etc) I want to get stats on every one that had the "?book=" as part of the URL.  Website is IIS, and I am collecting nearly everything that can be logged.

I think that I've got that by using the FILEINCLUDE setting in the analog.cfg, and having that parameter as a wildcard:
FILEINCLUDE *?book=*

I have the Analog6 using the big.cfg config file that I've customized some, and using ReportMagic to produce the reports.  Mostly though, they are used pretty much as supplied, though.  I have the output from Analog6 going to the Computer outfile, which is input to Reportmagic.

Since Analog & Reportmagic has both User reporting, and Referring URL reporting, I would like to get info by URL by month, by URL and user by month, etc.

Can this be done?  Even if I have to resort to pulling pages into Excel or something, that would get me closer than what I have been able to figure out out of the box on these tools.

Thanks

Jeremy Wadsack

Feb 8, 2013, 11:33:23 AM2/8/13
to reportma...@googlegroups.com

Hi Steve,

Sounds like you have a good grasp on this so far.

Analog won't do X per Y reports out of the box, mostly because it's a huge amount of data to compile. That said, you can constrain your reports to a month long period, and see what users came to the site or what referring URL's we're used during that time.

To get referring URL's by user you'll need to produce a report for each user for each month. In this case, it's probably best to configure Analog to use text output to produce csv-like file you can import into excel. You could then bring all the user reports for a month in and pivot or aggregate as needed.

Hope that helps,

- Jeremy

--

---