Demos folder missing

David Kettle

Jan 13, 2023, 11:48:35 AM1/13/23
to reportlab-users
Hi!

I recently installed the ReportLab PDF library and started working through some of the examples in the User Guide. Appendix A refers to some demo scripts in .../reportlab/demos, however that subfolder is missing from the installation folder.

I'm running it under Anaconda Navigator 1.9.6 and Windows 7 (64-bit). Here's the info displayed by 'pip':

Name: reportlab
Version: 3.6.12
Author: Andy Robinson, Robin Becker, the ReportLab team and the community
Author-email: reportl...@lists2.reportlab.com
License: BSD license (see license.txt for details), Copyright (c) 2000-2018, Rep
ortLab Inc.
Location: c:\users\user\appdata\roaming\python\python37\site-packages
Requires: pillow
Required-by:

Is there a newer version of reportlab I should install? Or is the demos folder available for download somewhere else?

Thanks.

David Kettle

Jan 13, 2023, 11:58:32 AM1/13/23
to reportlab-users
Never mind, I found them in the Mercurial repository. I'm wondering why it wasn't installed when I installed ReportLab, though (I used 'pip' to install it).