Question about bezier() and grid() methods

David Kettle

Jan 20, 2023, 9:59:47 AM1/20/23
to reportlab-users
I developed a script to draw Bezier curves in a PDF document, but when I tried to modify it to create a JPG file by using the "renderPM" package, I got the following error:

  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 411, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._gs,name)
SystemError: <built-in function getattr> returned NULL without setting an error

I suspect it's because the method doesn't exist in the "renderPM" package. Can someone confirm this? Is there a way to call the bezier() method when using "renderPM"?

Likewise, on a call to the grid() method, I get the following error:

  File "C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Python\Python37\site-packages\reportlab\graphics\renderPM.py", line 411, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._gs,name)
SystemError: <built-in function getattr> returned NULL without setting an error

If I comment out these lines, the script runs without producing any error messages, but of course the output isn't what I want (the Bezier curves and the grid are missing).

Thanks.