[reportlab-users] Removal of old Python2-era stuff

Claude Paroz

Feb 25, 2022, 3:31:14 PM2/25/22
to For users of Reportlab open source software
Hi,

While browsing the code recently, I grouped in this patch several
locations where code can be simplified due to minimal Python version
being now 3.6.

Regards,

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net
0001-Removed-old-Python2-constructs.patch

Robin Becker

Feb 28, 2022, 7:31:14 AM2/28/22
to reportlab-users, Claude Paroz
Hi Claude,

applied this and it worked fine for my tests, but on jenkins I was still testing with 3.6 and it turns out that the re
module did not have a Patterns class, but instead it has _sre.SRE_Pattern so I will revert that small change in
validators.py for now.

In practice I think we have stopped building 3.6 wheels at present because I got some weird errors about failures from
the reportlab-mirror build wheels action.

Robin Becker