Custom font's bold text is not working

Dominique Ian Aquino

Oct 17, 2022, 9:11:28 AM10/17/22
to reportlab-users
Hi Fellow ReportLab Users,

I am trying to use a custom font by following the instructions that I've found in the official ReportLab documentation.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 9.04.53 PM.png

But when I'm already trying to use the tags <b></b>, the texts are not rendered bolded but rather it stays as normal texts.

The odd thing that I've found is that whenever I try to registerFont the bolded version, the text is rendered as bolded even if I do not use the tags <b></b>.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 9.07.22 PM.png

I hope someone can shed light to what's happening here and what could I do to fix this.

Dominique Ian Aquino

Oct 17, 2022, 9:18:37 AM10/17/22
to reportlab-users
The odd thing that I've found is that whenever I try to registerFont the bolded version, the text is rendered as bolded even if I do not use the tags <b></b>.
The odd thing that I've found is that whenever I try to registerFont the bolded version first, the text is rendered as bolded even if I do not use the tags <b></b>.