Any experience with video file splitters?

Tyler Dukes

May 17, 2012, 1:35:45 PM5/17/12
to report...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,
I'm working on a Mechanical Turk project to test its ability to transcribe video, and one of the best practices is to split up long videos into more manageable chunks.

Can anybody recommend any good programs you've used to cut up video automatically, preferably by lengths of time?

What I'd really love to have is something that could cut up chunks of video based on breaks in the conversation so the segments don't start and stop in the middle of sentences. I found an application called Audiobook Cutter that says it can do that for mp3s, but I haven't seen anything like it for video.

Any advice would be appreciated.