Crowdsourcing online video captioning

Tyler Dukes

May 10, 2012, 11:55:58 AM5/10/12
to report...@googlegroups.com
Check out the announcement from the Knight Foundation about Amara, a start-up that provides a platform for captioning and subtitling online video by volunteer users. From the post:

At Amara, we want to solve this problem at a mass scale -- we want to remove all the barriers that have made subtitling and captioning so rare online. We’ve built the simplest subtitling interface anywhere online.

Would love to see what we'd be able to do with all that additional data, especially if there's an easy way to search through it.