LocalWiki pilot launches in Denton, Texas

Tyler Dukes

Dec 1, 2011, 5:33:58 PM12/1/11
to report...@googlegroups.com
I know there's been some discussion of this at several CityCamp groups across the country, but MediaShift wrote about an overview of the first official launch in Denton, Texas. More from the story:

The LocalWiki project is an ambitious effort to create community-owned, living information repositories that will provide much-needed context behind the people, places, and events that shape our communities. We were awarded a 2010 Knight News Challenge grant to create an entirely new sort of software to make our vision of massively collaborative local media a reality.

This seems like an interesting test case. With a population of 637,000, I'm curious about how the smaller user base will affect accuracy. Thoughts?