How to use the reviewers plugin?

Sébastien Douche

Sep 21, 2015, 6:07:56 AM9/21/15
to repo-discuss
Hi,
I'm trying to use the reviewers plugin (v2.11.3 with Gerrit v2.11.3) to
set default reviewers per project w/o success, no reviewers is added.

The plugin is on the plugins list, but I've this message (I'm admin)
when I click on the settings button:
"The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to
view this page."
I click on the continue button and I see a empty page (with the title
"Reviewers").

I created manually a reviewers.config file in the meta/config branch:
[filter "*"]
reviewer = john...@example.com

But no reviewer is added. Where I'm wrong?

Thanks.

--
Sébastien Douche <s...@nmeos.net>
Twitter: @sdouche

Bassem Rabil

Sep 21, 2015, 8:47:07 AM9/21/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, s...@nmeos.net
You can find the reviewers configurations for projects in a separate tab in the Gerrit project screen.
Using the reviewers web UI, you can add reviewers based on filters. When adding reviewers, make sure you add another user other than yourself to make sure the reviewer is added to changes you push for the configured project.

Regards
Bassem

Sébastien Douche

Sep 21, 2015, 9:12:06 AM9/21/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, at 14:47, Bassem Rabil wrote:

Hi Bassem,
thanks for your reply

> You can find the reviewers configurations for projects in a separate tab
> in the Gerrit project screen.

Yeah, I found it after sent my email :).

> Using the reviewers web UI, you can add reviewers based on filters. When
> adding reviewers, make sure you add another user other than yourself to
> make sure the reviewer is added to changes you push for the configured
> project.

Good point! It's work when I use "*", but not with "branch:master" (my
review is for master). And do you know if the configuration is inherited
(if I put the file in All-Projects)?

Bassem Rabil

Sep 21, 2015, 9:24:45 AM9/21/15

On Monday, September 21, 2015 at 9:12:06 AM UTC-4, Sébastien Douche wrote:

Good point! It's work when I use "*", but not with "branch:master" (my
review is for master). And do you know if the configuration is inherited
(if I put the file in All-Projects)?

It should work with "branch: master", may be you have another overriding properties in a parent project or All-Projects. The plugin should support inheriting reviewers settings from parent project up to "All-Projects", I am quoting below the  documentation of the plugin:

"The configuration of the reviewers plugin is done on project level in the reviewers.config file of the project. Missing values are inherited from the parent projects. This means a global default configuration can be done in the reviewers.config file of the All-Projects root project. Other projects can then override the configuration in their own reviewers.config file."

Sébastien Douche

Sep 24, 2015, 4:11:40 AM9/24/15
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, 21 Sep 2015, at 15:24, Bassem Rabil wrote:

> It should work with "branch: master", may be you have another overriding
> properties in a parent project or All-Projects.

Not at all.

> The plugin should support
> inheriting reviewers settings from parent project up to "All-Projects", I
> am quoting below the documentation of the plugin:

Ok I found the issue: the plugin doesn't work with LDAP groups.