LFS Authentification Required: Not authorized

Lawrence Dubé

Oct 4, 2021, 12:16:45 PM10/4/21
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Gerrit version :  3.2.3
git-lfs : git-lfs/3.0.1 (GitHub; darwin amd64; go 1.17.1)

I get the following error when trying to clone a repository with LFS on a MacOS machine with one of our admin user, while there is another user that is able to clone the repository on his machine.

Error downloading object: [...]: Smudge error: Error downloading  [...]  : batch response: Authentication required: Not authorized to perform operation download on repository  [...]

In the error_log file I get
ERROR com.googlesource.gerrit.plugins.lfs.auth.LfsSshRequestAuthorizer : Invalid data was provided with auth token 5l5jcPhfwUSEm2WIv0+L6pt965HLQHP7uoR3vVNquMbyHGUvbnJehnPBdJnUbEZ3g4dPqsBBAgg0sWr+v7D+8+G24zmTWi8SYU6IelTsqhw=.

Any help would be appreciated.

Lawrence Dubé

Oct 4, 2021, 12:53:53 PM10/4/21
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Downgrading to git-lfs 2.13.3 fixed the issue.
Any plan on "fixing" gerrit lfs plug-in so that we can update git-lfs ?
Currently git-lfs doesn't have 2.13.3 on Homebrew anymore, so I had to scp it from another machine...

Thomas Broyer

Oct 6, 2021, 1:28:18 PM10/6/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Monday, October 4, 2021 at 6:53:53 PM UTC+2 ld...@audiokinetic.com wrote:
Any plan on "fixing" gerrit lfs plug-in so that we can update git-lfs ?

(I also filed https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=15140 BTW about adding support for the new pure SSH-based protocol, but let's first get the HTTP transport fixed 😜)

Lawrence Dubé

Nov 19, 2021, 6:07:22 PM11/19/21
to Thomas Broyer, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I looked at gerritforge to get a build for the git lfs fix, but the build is failing
https://gerrit-ci.gerritforge.com/view/Plugins-stable-3.2/job/plugin-lfs-bazel-master-stable-3.2/41/console

Is it known?

Thanks again!