Missing change - no such patch set

Jacek Ziora

Aug 16, 2016, 9:14:01 AM8/16/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I have such situation:

commit 4 (CR+2)
commit 3 (CR+2)
commit 2 (CR+2)
commit 1 (not CR+2)

In commits 2-4 button "Submit" is available but when I try to submit I have an error "Failed to submit 1 change due to the following problems: Change 108: depends on change that was not submitted"

commit 1 - I cannot even open this change with error:
"The page you requested was not found, or you do not have permission to view this page."

I took from commit 2 hash of commit 1 (from Parent(s) field) and tried to close/submit it with ssh command and I get "no such patch set".

Does anyone know what is going on and how to close those reviews?

Best regards,
Jacek

Björn Pedersen

Aug 16, 2016, 11:40:52 AM8/16/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I think this case can occur if Commit1 was draft patchset, that then got deleted.
You need to rebase 2-4 onto a suitable new commit (typicall the branch HEAD)

Björn

Jacek Ziora

Aug 17, 2016, 9:27:25 AM8/17/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Actually this Commit1 wasn't draft patchset, it was normal commit like other.
And I have much more commits above that commit (4 commits was only for example), there are about 100 commits. Do I have to rebase them all?

Best regards,
Jacek

Björn Pedersen

Aug 17, 2016, 11:40:52 AM8/17/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

Yes, you have to rebase them all.

(probably fastest with so many commits:
 use the checkout variant from the top commit to get all changes locally and rebase, then re-push)

Björn

Jacek Ziora

Aug 19, 2016, 11:32:46 AM8/19/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I wrote a script for rebasing change by change but then I meet the problem:
"error: fatal: The change could not be rebased due to a conflict during merge."

What should I do now?
Abandon such change? Delete it?

Magnus Bäck

Aug 22, 2016, 2:09:40 AM8/22/16
to Jacek Ziora, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 17:32 CEST,
Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:

> W dniu środa, 17 sierpnia 2016 17:40:52 UTC+2 użytkownik Björn Pedersen
> napisał:
>
> > Yes, you have to rebase them all.
> > (probably fastest with so many commits:
> > use the checkout variant from the top commit to get all changes
> > locally and rebase, then re-push)
>
> I wrote a script for rebasing change by change but then I meet the
> problem:
> "error: fatal: The change could not be rebased due to a conflict
> during merge."
> What should I do now?
> Abandon such change? Delete it?

Why would abandoning or deleting the change help in any way? The problem
is that there's a merge conflict that neither Gerrit nor Git can resolve
automatically. You have to follow Björn's original advice and download
the commit, resolve the conflict, and upload it to create a new patch
set. Then you can continue with the rest of the changes (that build upon
the commit that had a conflict).

--
Magnus Bäck | Software Engineer, Firmware Platform Tools
magnu...@axis.com | Axis Communications

Jacek Ziora

Aug 26, 2016, 7:16:25 AM8/26/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jacek.ad...@gmail.com
Hi,

When I do rebase all is OK, but when I want to re-push I've got errors because of abandoned changes:
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/trunk (change https://<server>:<port>/307 closed)

Should I restore those changes in gerrit? I tried and when I re-push again I have:
remote: error: internal error while processing changes
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/trunk (internal error)

Probably I shouldn't restore those reviews, but I have no idea what to do instead. Can you please help?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Sven Selberg

Aug 26, 2016, 7:25:14 AM8/26/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, jacek.ad...@gmail.com
There should be some information in the error log since you got an internal server error.
 ! [remote rejected] HEAD -> refs/for/trunk (internal error)

/Sven

Jacek Ziora

Aug 26, 2016, 8:12:33 AM8/26/16
to Sven Selberg, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Unfortunately I cannot find any logs about this (all error log are empty).
I've checked and re-push actually happened but I still cannot submit those commits.

During rebase I've just picked this broken commit and maybe should I delete it?

Björn Pedersen

Aug 26, 2016, 9:49:56 AM8/26/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sven.s...@axis.com
Normally when rebasing you  should omit abandoned commits (they were abandoned for a  reason normally).

Jacek Ziora

Aug 30, 2016, 9:56:45 AM8/30/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, sven.s...@axis.com
Hi,

So I made rebase omitting abandoned commits and when I push I get error I've described before.
I've checked logs and I found:
[2016-08-30 15:17:24,907] [SSH git-receive-pack '/<project_name>.git' (<user>)] WARN  com.google.gerrit.server.git.MultiProgressMonitor : MultiProgressMonitor worker killed after 240149ms(timeout 149ms, cancelled)
[2016-08-30 15:17:24,908] [SSH git-receive-pack '/<project_name>' (<user>)] WARN  com.google.gerrit.server.git.AsyncReceiveCommits : Error in ReceiveCommits while processing changes for project <project_name>
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: (timeout 149ms, cancelled)

So should increase timeout (how?) or maybe do rebase and push in 2 smaller steps?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Saša Živkov

Aug 30, 2016, 10:34:07 AM8/30/16
to Jacek Ziora, Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Sven Selberg
On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 3:56 PM, Jacek Ziora <jacek.ad...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

So I made rebase omitting abandoned commits and when I push I get error I've described before.
I've checked logs and I found:
[2016-08-30 15:17:24,907] [SSH git-receive-pack '/<project_name>.git' (<user>)] WARN  com.google.gerrit.server.git.MultiProgressMonitor : MultiProgressMonitor worker killed after 240149ms(timeout 149ms, cancelled)
[2016-08-30 15:17:24,908] [SSH git-receive-pack '/<project_name>' (<user>)] WARN  com.google.gerrit.server.git.AsyncReceiveCommits : Error in ReceiveCommits while processing changes for project <project_name>
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: (timeout 149ms, cancelled)

So should increase timeout (how?

The parameter name is receive.timeout.

or maybe do rebase and push in 2 smaller steps?

Best regards,
Jacek Ziora

Jacek Ziora

Aug 30, 2016, 12:15:06 PM8/30/16