duplicate path errors with latest repo when using remove-project in local_manifests

s...@tycho.nsa.gov

Jan 30, 2014, 1:18:43 PM1/30/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
The latest repo appears to break replacing specific projects via remove-project + project stanzas in a local manifest file.
Running a repo sync today in a repo that was working just fine yesterday yields this output right after fetching all projects:
info: A new version of repo is available

project .repo/repo/
Updating 12fd10c..f2fe2d9
Fast-forward
 command.py               |  26 +++---
 docs/manifest-format.txt |  12 +--
 git_command.py           |   2 +-
 git_config.py            |   4 +-
 git_refs.py              |   2 +-
 hooks/commit-msg         |   4 +-
 hooks/pre-auto-gc        |   2 +-
 manifest_xml.py          |  70 +++++++++++-----
 project.py               | 204 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 repo                     |  32 ++++----
 subcmds/branches.py      |   2 +-
 subcmds/init.py          |  21 +++++
 subcmds/rebase.py        |   3 +
 subcmds/sync.py          |  69 +++++++++++-----
 subcmds/upload.py        |  15 +++-

info: Restarting repo with latest version
fatal: duplicate path build in /home/sds/master/.repo/manifest.xml

The local manifest file had:
 <remove-project name="platform/build"/>
  <project path="build" remote="bitbucket" name="build" revision="seandroid">
    <copyfile src="core/root.mk" dest="Makefile" />
  </project>

Ian Wallace-Hoyt

Jan 30, 2014, 3:24:19 PM1/30/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm also getting a duplicate path error, though I don't use remove-project. I have two platform-dependent projects (git repositories) and indicate the platform with the groups attribute. The two project elements have the same path, but only one is included for a given group:

<project name="mac.git"
path="toolchain/bin"
groups="notdefault,darwin"/>

<project name="linux.git"
path="toolchain/bin"
groups="notdefault,linux"/>

I init the repo using either "-g linux" or "-g darwin"

This worked fine in 1.12.7

Martin Espericueta

Jan 31, 2014, 12:07:46 AM1/31/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
I'm having this exact issue as well. Yesterday I was syncing fine, this morning however, I seen "info: A new version of repo is available" - and now I get a duplicate path msg as well (build project).

Aaron Kellar

Jan 31, 2014, 10:06:16 PM1/31/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Any fix for this? Seems a pretty major functionality regression.

Martin Espericueta

Feb 1, 2014, 2:25:05 AM2/1/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
What I did was to just use a "main" manifest, and physically remove those projects, & only include my own - so as not to use a local manifest at all. At least until this gets sorted out....

William D.

Feb 6, 2014, 10:29:28 PM2/6/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, espm...@gmail.com
Can you elaborate or give an example? I'm having this issue with OmniROM's sources.

Johan Dahlin

Feb 11, 2014, 7:06:50 AM2/11/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, espm...@gmail.com
Upgrading to repo 1.12.10 solves this issue.

It can be done by;

  $ cd .repo/repo
  $ git fetch
  $ git checkout v1.12.10

It would be nice if 1.12.10 could be pushed to the stable branch.

Darian Branum

Sep 15, 2014, 9:06:15 PM9/15/14
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com
what ive discovered is in old trepos it just ignored this but niow it considers it an error make sure that the smae thing isnt in both your ./.repo/manifest.xml and in your ./.repo/local_manifests/roomservice.xml