How can AOSP git repository be so fast to clone?

程洋

Sep 15, 2021, 2:43:45 PM9/15/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
My original post is on stackoverflow

There are some more info here:
1. i now know using "gerrit gc" will build bitmap, which drastically decrase the time cost of "couting objects" phase
2. However, other 2 phases "cloning into" and "finding sources" are still slow than google
3. "cloning into" phase cost me 24 seconds and google take less than 1 second.
4. "finding sources" phase cost me 2 minute and google take less than 1 second
5. it seems "finding sources" on google says only 153/153, and my project says its 4231671/4231671

Is there any clue? especially the "finding sources". i wish someone can help me to understand it