repo sync problem

xin ma

Jun 21, 2022, 4:50:59 AM6/21/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

When I repo sync, the ssh link will be created infinitely until the server is restarted.
jstack.log

Nasser Grainawi

Jun 22, 2022, 3:25:07 PM6/22/22
to xin ma, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Jun 21, 2022 at 2:51 AM xin ma <zaodi...@gmail.com> wrote:

When I repo sync, the ssh link will be created infinitely until the server is restarted.

Based on that jstack, it looks like the ssh clients are maybe on very slow network links or something else is resulting in the Gerrit server spending time (not sure how much from just one jstack, you could take several a few seconds apart) in the Window.waitForSpace() method. I think with timeouts configured you end up getting errors like those reported in https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=3940 and https://bugs.chromium.org/p/gerrit/issues/detail?id=10453, but often there's a network layer problem involved. Maybe someone who knows the SSHD side better could add more.

What Gerrit version is this?

xin ma

Jun 23, 2022, 5:01:05 AM6/23/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I'm sorry I didn't describe it clearly, you should read the thread stack information about hehao in jstack
gerrit version 3.5.1