How to hide generated Jenkins job messages

Tomer Shterenberg

Jun 17, 2024, 6:05:28 AMJun 17
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello,

I am using Gerrit v3.6.6 as well as Gerrit Trigger plugin in a Jenkins job.
I have a Jenkins pipeline script which posts messages on a change like so:
gerritReview message "some-text"
I also have a plugin which uses the generated messages.

Is there a way to hide the messages generated by the Jenkins job from the change log but still intercept them in my plugin?

Thank you

syntonyze

Jun 17, 2024, 10:42:27 AMJun 17
to Tomer Shterenberg, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
messages that are  prefixed with the string `autogenerated:` can be filtered out from the UI as described in the docs [1] [2].

HTH,

Tony

Thank you

Tomer Shterenberg

Jun 18, 2024, 4:28:01 AMJun 18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi, thank you for the reply.

Yes, my messages are posted tagged with 'autogenerated:jenkins'. However, I am unable to see the UI option to filter them, am I missing something?
I forgot to mention I am using a local instance of Gerrit

Thank you

ב-יום שני, 17 ביוני 2024 בשעה 17:42:27 UTC+3, syntonyze כתב/ה:

Daniele Sassoli

Jun 18, 2024, 6:27:20 AMJun 18
On Tuesday 18 June 2024 at 09:28:01 UTC+1 Tomer Shterenberg wrote:
Hi, thank you for the reply.

Yes, my messages are posted tagged with 'autogenerated:jenkins'. However, I am unable to see the UI option to filter them, am I missing something?
 Please see the toggle next to "Hide all entries (2 hidden)". Can you not see the same toggle on your Gerrit?
Screenshot 2024-06-18 at 11.26.35.png

syntonyze

Jun 18, 2024, 6:28:18 AMJun 18
to Tomer Shterenberg, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Please avoid top-posting on this list, it makes it hard to follow the discussion.
Also please always reply to the whole mailing list so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

On Tue, 18 Jun 2024 at 10:24, Tomer Shterenberg <tome...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, thank you for the reply.

Yes, my Jenkins job posts a message tagged 'autogenerated:jenkins'. It seems I am unable to see the UI option to actually filter out the messages, am I missing something?
If it is relevant, I forgot to mention I am using a local Gerrit instance.

It seems that the logic from which auto-generated messages can be hidden from the ChangeLog changed since 3.3 [1][2].
I am not familiar with this change, but from what I can see the new logic involves specific tags only or tags associated with older patchsets, as opposed to _all_ auto-generated tags.

I think the documentation could do with an update to reflect these changes more in detail.
Perhaps someone from the UI team is able to provide more insight on this?

Thanks,

Tony

ב-יום שני, 17 ביוני 2024 בשעה 17:42:27 UTC+3, syntonyze כתב/ה:

Tomer Shterenberg

Jun 19, 2024, 5:50:33 AMJun 19
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I do get this toggle option whenever there is a certain minimum amount of messages in the change log. However, toggling it only hides the latest messages from the minimum and not the autogenerated ones.

It does seems like the logic has changed, will wait for additional insights

ב-יום שלישי, 18 ביוני 2024 בשעה 13:27:20 UTC+3, Daniele Sassoli כתב/ה:

Tomer Shterenberg

Jun 19, 2024, 8:34:20 AMJun 19
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Updating with what I've found in Gerrit's code:
Unimportant messages are initially hidden'.
Human messages are always important. They have an undefined tag.
Autogenerated messages are unimportant, if there is a message with the same
tag and a higher revision number.'

It's working, I am only seeing messages of a the highest revision number (patchset) which has autogenerated messages associated with.

What I would like to know is, are there any other filteration methods?
ב-יום רביעי, 19 ביוני 2024 בשעה 12:50:33 UTC+3, Tomer Shterenberg כתב/ה: