changes api does not return files in merge commit

Peter Bruin

Apr 14, 2021, 9:43:06 AM4/14/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
We use the changes api to determine which files have changed. This is the call we use:

I have also tried ALL_FILES and ALL_COMMITS, still no files.

However, the files list is empty. Is there any way to get the list using this api?

Thanks,
Peter

Edwin Kempin

Apr 14, 2021, 9:52:36 AM4/14/21
to Peter Bruin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
AFAIK for merge commits the file list only contains the files for which a conflict resolution has been done (aka the files that have changed when comparing against the first parent). This means for clean merges the file list is empty. It's not possible to get the files that have changed when comparing against the second parent with this API.

Thanks,
Peter

Edwin Kempin

Apr 14, 2021, 9:56:22 AM4/14/21
On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 3:51 PM Edwin Kempin <eke...@google.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 3:43 PM Peter Bruin <peterb...@gmail.com> wrote:
We use the changes api to determine which files have changed. This is the call we use:

I have also tried ALL_FILES and ALL_COMMITS, still no files.

However, the files list is empty. Is there any way to get the list using this api?
AFAIK for merge commits the file list only contains the files for which a conflict resolution has been done (aka the files that have changed when comparing against the first parent).
Ups, I meant the auto merge, not the first parent.