Cached web sessions issue

Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira

Sep 16, 2021, 9:48:17 AM9/16/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi guys,

We just upgraded Gerrit from 3.3.2 to 3.4.1 and we noticed a different (weird?) behaviour in the cached web sessions number. Before the upgrade it never got higher than 50, now it is increasing a lot.

S2021_09_16-10_31_40.png

Did something change related to this? Is this an issue and how to solve it?

Note: we have a Prometheus alert for caches_memory_cached_web_sessions > 150.

Thanks and best regards.

--

Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira

CPQD - Information and Communications Technology

mav...@cpqd.com.br

"Esta mensagem pode conter informações confidenciais ou privilegiadas. Caso não seja o destinatário desta mensagem ou caso ela lhe tenha sido enviada por engano, pedimos a gentileza de eliminar esta mensagem e todos os seus anexos imediatamente. Utilizar, divulgar a quaisquer terceiros ou copiar esta mensagem para qualquer fim é expressamente proibido e punido por lei."

"This message may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or if you have received it in error, please kindly delete this message and all its attachments immediately. Unauthorized use, disclosure to any third parties or copying of this message is expressly prohibited and may be subject to the penalties of law."

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2021, 10:22:23 AM9/16/21
to Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Sent from my iPhone

On 16 Sep 2021, at 14:48, Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira <mav...@cpqd.com.br> wrote:

Hi guys,

We just upgraded Gerrit from 3.3.2 to 3.4.1 and we noticed a different (weird?) behaviour in the cached web sessions number. Before the upgrade it never got higher than 50, now it is increasing a lot.

<S2021_09_16-10_31_40.png>

Did something change related to this? Is this an issue and how to solve it?

Yes, now the Git/HTTP sessions return a cookie when you authenticate over LDAP. If you are using HTTP authentication they don’t do it.

The Git client can then reuse the cookie if it is configured to do so.

Look at the Git configuration on how to set a cookie file at [1].

If Git clients are using LDAP authentication and they do not have a cookie file, they’ll create many sessions, one per HTTP authentication.

HTH

Luca

Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira