Assistance Needed with Gerrit Patchset Lock Configuration

kriti kumari

Jul 1, 2024, 8:19:12 AM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I am seeking assistance with configuring the Gerrit patchset lock feature effectively. Our scenario requires activating the patchset lock with a negative value, as the default value is +1.

Change owners can remove the Locked+1 label while their review is in the gate. Subsequently, they push a new patchset or perform another operation that dequeues the review from the gate. This behavior results in unwanted reschedules, delays in the gate process, and ultimately increases the gate lead time.

We have noticed that if the Locked+1 label is set to a negative value, review owners are unable to remove it. This could potentially solve problem. However, we need guidance on how to implement this configuration effectively.
We have made several attempts to restrict change owners from deleting votes in changes. Specifically, we have tried multiple options to disable the label removal functionality by change owners. Unfortunately, Gerrit’s built-in functionality allows change owners to delete or remove the Locked+1 label, making attempts unsuccessful.
We are aware that preventing label removal directly through Gerrit is not feasible with the current configuration options. Therefore, we are looking for a workaround or any possible solution that can help us enforce this restriction.

Could you provide guidance or a solution on how to implement the patchset lock with a negative value, or suggest any alternative approach to prevent change owners from removing the Locked+1 label while their review is in the gate?

Best Regards,
Kriti

Martin Fick

Jul 2, 2024, 4:09:37 PM (8 hours ago) Jul 2
to kriti kumari, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Mon, Jul 1, 2024 at 6:19 AM kriti kumari <kesarwanik...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am seeking assistance with configuring the Gerrit patchset lock feature effectively. Our scenario requires activating the patchset lock with a negative value, as the default value is +1.

This likely would require a modification to core, perhaps you can raise a change to do so without breaking the existing behavior for +1?

-Martin