Fwd: GitHub Gerrit Plugin

Luca Milanesio

May 3, 2015, 7:57:25 PM5/3/15
to repo-discuss@googlegroups.com Discussion, Phil Lello
Hi Phil,
the correct place to post comments is the Gerrit Mailing list.

I had actually in mind to start working on the BitBucket integration as well, with exactly the same use-cases.

Does it make sense to do something like the its-* plugins?

In a nutshell what needs to be implemented is:
- OAuth provider for BitBucket
- Repos API
- Orgs/Groups API
- Pull request API

Another interesting integration would be GitLab as well :-)

Luca.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Phil Lello <ph...@dunlop-lello.uk>
Subject: GitHub Gerrit Plugin
Date: 2 May 2015 17:53:09 BST

Hi Luca,

I hope you don't mind me contacting you directly; I couldn't find a mailing list for the GitHub plugin.

I'm interested in developing a similar plugin for BitBucket, and although I haven't looked at the source to your plugin yet, I'm assuming there will be a reasonable amount of overlap - both services use OAuth and support pull requests.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to have both plugins on one Gerrit server, as I develop for clients using private repos on both services [1]

Would you be interested in collaborating on this? I envisage a super-project with subprojects (maybe git submodules) for github, bitbucket, and common code.

On a related note, does the plugin cope with direct pushes to the github repo at the moment, or does it rely on all updates going through gerrit?

Best wishes,

Phil Lello

[1] My use case for Gerrit here is possibly slightly unusual, in that it is primarily for triggering continuous integration checks before code hits upstream, rather than peer review.