Re: Implementation of gerrit on multisite in multi-region

Luca Milanesio

Jul 1, 2024, 6:07:08 PM (2 days ago) Jul 1
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Luca Milanesio, Aankhi Talukdar

On 1 Jul 2024, at 07:34, Aankhi Talukdar <tallukd...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can someone please help me on the below issue

Multi-site support for k8s-gerrit isn’t merged: any reasons why you would like to set this up and expecting support from the mailing list?
We are happy to support *merged* code, but anything that isn’t merged isn’t supported by the community.

Or are you setting up something brand-new with your Kubernetes code?

Thanks
Aankhi

On Friday, June 28, 2024 at 2:37:52 PM UTC+5:30 Aankhi Talukdar wrote:
Attaching pull-replication logs

On Friday, June 28, 2024 at 2:35:39 PM UTC+5:30 Aankhi Talukdar wrote:
Hi Team,

We are implementing pull replication on Kubernetes for Gerrit in a multi-site (multi-region) setup.

Scenario:

Target Pod: This is where repositories are being pulled to.
Source Pod: This is the origin from which repositories are being pulled.
Remote URL: The URL of the source Gerrit instance.

We have two clusters in different regions with Gerrit instances running in multi-site mode, following the documentation [1].

I don’t believe you are following the documentation [1], I don’t see the "url = admin@<remote_url>:/var/gerrit/git/${name}.git” mentioned in [1].

Can you follow a working example of multi-site at [2] instead?

HTH

Luca.

In the target pod, the replication.config file is configured as follows:

replication.config: |-
    [gerrit]
      autoReload = true
      replicateOnStartup = false
    [replication]
      lockErrorMaxRetries = 5
      maxRetries = 5
      useCGitClient = false
      consumeStreamEvents = false
      eventBrokerTopic = gerrit
      syncRefs = "ALL REFS ASYNC"
      maxApiPayloadSize = 40000
    [remote]
      url = admin@<remote_url>:/var/gerrit/git/${name}.git
      apiUrl = http://<remote_url>:8080
      fetch = +refs/:refs/

When starting the pull replication from the target pod to pull repositories from the source pod use the following command:

ssh -p 29418 <target-pod_url> pull-replication start --all

The ${name} placeholder in the config file is incorrectly taking the repository names from the target pod instead of the source pod, resulting in an error (see attached screenshot).

Note: The test.git repository exists in the target pod but not in the source pod.

Could someone help us with the configuration of the same and let us know where are we going wrong?

[1] :  https://gerrit.googlesource.com/plugins/pull-replication/+/refs/heads/master/src/main/resources/Documentation/config.md

Thanks
 Aankhi