Question about apache-git-http-backend in k8s-gerrit

liejun...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2021, 6:47:26 PM6/9/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,
I'm trying to create a gerrit-replica with

I see it uses a apache-git-http-backend
which exposes 2 APIs
/git
/new

Per my understanding this is for a "Gerrit Master" to send replication to.
I have trouble to write the correct replication.config for the "Gerrit master".
I'm able to send replication to the /git for existing projects.
[remote "gerrit-replicas"]

I could successfully  create a new project by calling

But I could not figure how to ask the replication plugin in the Gerrit master to make use of the /new API.

Martin Fick

Aug 11, 2021, 5:05:42 PM8/11/21
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com, liejun...@gmail.com
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 3:47:26 PM MDT liejun...@gmail.com wrote:
> url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/git/${name}.git

I think it's something like:

admin-url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/new/${name}.git

-Martin
--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

邑中雅樹

Sep 22, 2021, 2:18:51 AM9/22/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Is this example tested?

Referring to the document, the URL schema of `admin-url` should be set  as `gerrit+http` or `gerrit+https`.

2021年8月12日木曜日 6:05:42 UTC+9 MartinFick:

Thomas Dräbing

Sep 22, 2021, 3:58:33 AM9/22/21
to 邑中雅樹, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, 22 Sept 2021 at 08:18, 邑中雅樹 <masaki....@craftsman-software.com> wrote:

> admin-url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/new/${name}.git

Is this example tested?

Referring to the document, the URL schema of `admin-url` should be set  as `gerrit+http` or `gerrit+https`.

The adminUrl only works if replicating to a Gerrit server. The apache-http-git-backend however is only an Apache proxy exposing 2 CGI scripts: the git-http-backend [1] (`/git`) and a script that will initiate a bare repository (`/new`). Unfortunately, so far new repositories have to be created manually by calling the `/new`-path, since the replication plugin does not support creating repositories this way. It shouldn't be too hard to add this feature to the replication plugin and a contribution would be welcome :-).

2021年8月12日木曜日 6:05:42 UTC+9 MartinFick:
On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 3:47:26 PM MDT liejun...@gmail.com wrote:
> url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/git/${name}.git

I think it's something like:

admin-url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/new/${name}.git

-Martin
--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation

Martin Fick

Sep 22, 2021, 2:48:12 PM9/22/21
On 2021-09-21 16:08, 邑中雅樹 wrote:
>> admin-url = https://gerrit-replicat-host-name/new/${name}.git [2]
>
> Is this example tested?

No :(

> Referring to the document, the URL schema of `admin-url` should be set
> as `gerrit+http` or `gerrit+https`.

We use it as 'ssh://' all the time. That should work if the 'http://'
version doesn't,