Code review button is not visible in Polygerrit UI after providing -1 for other labels.

Raj Ravi

Jan 13, 2021, 11:43:58 AM1/13/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi All,

Scenario:

Version Used 2.16.22 ,2.16.17 , 3.2.3

We have configured Code review and Other labels in our project. As per the configuration, Other labels should not block us from submitting the code. but seems like the Code review button is getting vanished and we have to use the reply button to provide the score.

1. Provide +1 Score for other labels and verified label.
2. Code-review dialog box is appearing in the right corner of the review page.
3. We were able to use the code review button and provide the score.
4. Remove the +1 in any of the code review label.
5. Code review button is getting vanished. Is this expected?

Config:
[label "SonarQube"]
function = NoBlock
value = -1 Issues found
value = 0 No score
value = +1 Gate passed
copyAllScoresOnTrivialRebase = true
copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange = true
defaultValue = 0
[label "Code-Review"]
function = MaxWithBlock
copyMinScore = true
value = -2 Do not submit, I must review it!
value = -1 I would prefer you do not submit this
value = 0 No score
value = +1 Looks good to me, but someone else must approve
value = +2 Looks good to me, approved!
copyAllScoresOnTrivialRebase = true
copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange = true
defaultValue = 0
Issue2.png
Issue1.png

Luca Milanesio

Jan 13, 2021, 1:46:38 PM1/13/21
to Raj Ravi, Luca Milanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

On 13 Jan 2021, at 16:43, Raj Ravi <keerthish...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

Scenario:

Version Used 2.16.22 ,2.16.17 , 3.2.3

We have configured Code review and Other labels in our project. As per the configuration, Other labels should not block us from submitting the code. but seems like the Code review button is getting vanished and we have to use the reply button to provide the score.

1. Provide +1 Score for other labels and verified label.
2. Code-review dialog box is appearing in the right corner of the review page.
3. We were able to use the code review button and provide the score.
4. Remove the +1 in any of the code review label.
5. Code review button is getting vanished. Is this expected?

Have you checked in the ‘…’ button on the righthand side of the toolbar?

Luca.

Config:
[label "SonarQube"]
function = NoBlock
value = -1 Issues found
value = 0 No score
value = +1 Gate passed
copyAllScoresOnTrivialRebase = true
copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange = true
defaultValue = 0
[label "Code-Review"]
function = MaxWithBlock
copyMinScore = true
value = -2 Do not submit, I must review it!
value = -1 I would prefer you do not submit this
value = 0 No score
value = +1 Looks good to me, but someone else must approve
value = +2 Looks good to me, approved!
copyAllScoresOnTrivialRebase = true
copyAllScoresIfNoCodeChange = true
defaultValue = 0

<Issue2.png><Issue1.png>

Raj Ravi

Jan 14, 2021, 1:09:09 AM1/14/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Have you checked in the ‘…’ button on the righthand side of the toolbar?

Yes! Its not visible in the toolbar also. After Removing the Score completely then its visible. For example, Remove the Sonarqube Score in review then Code-review +2 Button is appering.

Issue3.png

Luca Milanesio

Jan 14, 2021, 9:51:39 AM1/14/21

On 14 Jan 2021, at 06:09, Raj Ravi <keerthish...@gmail.com> wrote:

Have you checked in the ‘…’ button on the righthand side of the toolbar?

Yes! Its not visible in the toolbar also. After Removing the Score completely then its visible. For example, Remove the Sonarqube Score in review then Code-review +2 Button is appering.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I believe that the full set of review labels are visible only when you click the “Reply” button. The extra buttons on the toolbar are some “hints” of what *could* be your next actions, but they are not exhaustive.
I know it is a bit confusing the show/hide of buttons on the top, but I believe that was coming from some user-research at Google.

@PolyGerrit UX Team do you have any more light for Raj?

Luca.

mhar...@google.com

Jan 15, 2021, 12:49:13 AM1/15/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi Raj, Hi Luca,

sorry that this is confusing. If there was any research done on this, it's been a while :)

We are aware that the action provided as buttons on the top right are not always consistent. We are hoping to do some work on that later this year, but it is unfortunately not an easy problem, as custom label configurations make it harder to guess at what actions are relevant in a given state. Until then, as Luca said, it might be easiest to use the Reply dialog for voting.