Can a manifest point to a subfolder of a project?

Roberto Cosenza

Jul 10, 2024, 6:24:34 AM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi, is there a way to configure a manifest so that repo only syncs a subfolder?

As an example, the  line below pulls the whole platform/prebuilts/sdk tree which is really large. I'd love for it to pull only platform/prebuilts/sdk/current

  <project path="dwf-androidx-sdk" name="platform/prebuilts/sdk" clone-depth="1" revision="mirror-goog-main"/>

This is quite problematic for our continuous builds as, besides the unnecessary download/disk space requirement, it also triggers a build when unrelated files are modified.

Roberto

Nasser Grainawi

Jul 10, 2024, 7:37:39 PM (12 days ago) Jul 10
to Roberto Cosenza, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 4:24 AM 'Roberto Cosenza' via Repo and Gerrit Discussion <repo-d...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi, is there a way to configure a manifest so that repo only syncs a subfolder?

As an example, the  line below pulls the whole platform/prebuilts/sdk tree which is really large. I'd love for it to pull only platform/prebuilts/sdk/current

This might be supported by using the existing partial clone support, but I don't know examples of how exactly that works with repo.