Can't un-star changes

Dmitry P

Jul 9, 2024, 7:25:25 AM (13 days ago) Jul 9
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
A user of our system can't unstar a change and get this error:
screenshot-1.png
But Gerrit docs doesn't tell star/unstar needs any kind of permissions, is it a bug? Because as an admin I can do it, so it seems some kind of a permission required.

Dmitry P

Jul 11, 2024, 6:40:12 AM (11 days ago) Jul 11
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Bump. I still couldn't find what kind if endpoint is that

syntonyze

Jul 11, 2024, 9:26:33 AM (11 days ago) Jul 11
to Dmitry P, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, 11 Jul 2024 at 12:40, Dmitry P <dmitry...@gmail.com> wrote:
Bump. I still couldn't find what kind if endpoint is that

This is where the endpoint is documented [1].

Which version of gerrit are you using?
Have you searched in the error_log, for some additional clue?

Users should be able to star/unstar changes that belong to them, possibly this change does not belong to the caller who is trying to unstar?
You could ask that user to trigger that request manually with enhanced debugging, something like:

```
curl -s -u <username> -X DELETE 'http://<gerrit-url>/a/accounts/self/starred.changes/<projectname>~<changenumber>?trace=debug'
```

Then check in the error_log, to follow what is going on.