gerrit sync is getting failed

Ritika Modi

Jun 20, 2022, 9:56:40 PM6/20/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

I am using gerrit 3.5 and we have two gerrit servers, using rsync to keep same in both servers.

Why running rsync getting below error very frequently.

WARNING: review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db failed verification -- update discarded (will try again).
review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db
ERROR: review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db failed verification -- update discarded.

sent 66,668,582 bytes  received 4,551,020 bytes  28,000.63 bytes/sec
total size is 41,682,672,269  speedup is 585.27
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1178) [sender=3.1.2]

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2022, 5:23:39 AM6/21/22
to repo-d...@googlegroups.com

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Jun 2022, at 06:27, Ritika Modi <ritik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Can you help here, please.

Ritika Modi

Jun 21, 2022, 6:29:40 AM6/21/22
to luca.mi...@gmail.com, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are just transferring all data to a backup server, to keep a replica of setup and files on another server.

Need to understand what this below error means.

Luca Milanesio

Jun 21, 2022, 6:50:29 AM6/21/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Luca Milanesio, Ritika Modi

On 21 Jun 2022, at 11:29, Ritika Modi <ritik...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

We are just transferring all data to a backup server, to keep a replica of setup and files on another server.

If you are looking at creating a DR Gerrit setup, you should look at the Gerrit multi-site design at [1].
The setup is a bit more complicated that a simple rsync :-)

HTH

Luca.

Martin Fick

Jun 21, 2022, 1:40:37 PM6/21/22
to Ritika Modi, luca.mi...@gmail.com, repo-d...@googlegroups.com
On 6/21/22 4:29 AM, Ritika Modi wrote:
Hi,

We are just transferring all data to a backup server, to keep a replica of setup and files on another server.

Need to understand what this below error means.

Why running rsync getting below error very frequently.

WARNING: review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db failed verification -- update discarded (will try again).
review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db
ERROR: review_site/cache/web_sessions.h2.db failed verification -- update discarded.

sent 66,668,582 bytes  received 4,551,020 bytes  28,000.63 bytes/sec
total size is 41,682,672,269  speedup is 585.27
rsync error: some files/attrs were not transferred (see previous errors) (code 23) at main.c(1178) [sender=3.1.2]

It sounds more like you want an answer related to rsync then? I suspect it means the file was modified during transfer, I would google rsync to find out more?

-Martin