Hidden projects vs Projects > List

Marcelo Ávila

Mar 30, 2015, 7:32:46 AM3/30/15
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello everyone,

We're using Gerrit 2.9.2 and hidden projects are NOT showing in Projects > List even for Administrators or Project Owners. Could someone confirm if this is a bug?

Thanks in advance,

--
Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira

Edwin Kempin

Mar 30, 2015, 7:44:21 AM3/30/15
to Marcelo Ávila, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello everyone,

We're using Gerrit 2.9.2 and hidden projects are NOT showing in Projects > List even for Administrators or Project Owners. Could someone confirm if this is a bug?
AFAIK this is the intended behaviour, hidden projects are hidden from the project list list (even for administrators and project owners).
The SSH ls-projects command supports the '--all' option [1] to also list hidden projects.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/cmd-ls-projects.html#_options

Thanks in advance,

--
Marcelo Ávila de Oliveira

Marcelo Ávila

Mar 30, 2015, 7:51:11 AM3/30/15
to Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hello everyone,

We're using Gerrit 2.9.2 and hidden projects are NOT showing in Projects > List even for Administrators or Project Owners. Could someone confirm if this is a bug?
AFAIK this is the intended behaviour, hidden projects are hidden from the project list list (even for administrators and project owners).
The SSH ls-projects command supports the '--all' option [1] to also list hidden projects.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/cmd-ls-projects.html#_options

 Uhm... I'm not sure the documentation [1] is clear at this point:
  • Hidden:

    The project is hidden and only visible to project owners. Other users are not able to see the project even if they have read permissions granted on the project.

Edwin Kempin

Mar 30, 2015, 8:03:50 AM3/30/15
to Marcelo Ávila, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hello everyone,

We're using Gerrit 2.9.2 and hidden projects are NOT showing in Projects > List even for Administrators or Project Owners. Could someone confirm if this is a bug?
AFAIK this is the intended behaviour, hidden projects are hidden from the project list list (even for administrators and project owners).
The SSH ls-projects command supports the '--all' option [1] to also list hidden projects.

[1] https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/Documentation/cmd-ls-projects.html#_options

 Uhm... I'm not sure the documentation [1] is clear at this point:
  • Hidden:

    The project is hidden and only visible to project owners. Other users are not able to see the project even if they have read permissions granted on the project.

I see. There is obviously a mismatch between implementation and documentation. So either should be fixed.

Vladislav Naumov

Apr 20, 2016, 3:50:17 AM4/20/16
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Experiencing this issue too.

We're trying to isolate developer groups, so we created a group for each project
and assigned them as Project-Owners (Owner right on `refs/*` in a project).

But switching project to HIDDEN (with gui) still hides project even from owners:
project is not shown in web interface or `gerrit ls-projects` ssh command, changes are hidden' too.

Maybe there are better ways to isolate projects from each other? Some ACL trick or something?
Ideally each developer group only sees their project.

Michelle Pogado

Sep 19, 2018, 1:15:05 AM9/19/18
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Using gerrit 2.15.x and still experiencing this behavior.
Is this behavior intentional?

Having projects hidden from non-project-owners is very useful in specific cases where there are internal confidential projects.