Failed replication after upgrading from 2.14 -> 3.4

Nguyen Tuan Khang Phan

Jun 28, 2022, 3:18:27 PM6/28/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
When creating new changes on existing projects replication succeeds (its done through http). However, when creating a new project we are getting this error:
Error creating remote repository at <gerritUser>@<gerrit_site>:/opt/gerrit/repos/smokeTestsParent/test_project_replication.git:
  Exception: org.eclipse.jgit.errors.TransportException: <gerritUser>@<gerrit_site>:/opt/gerrit/parentProject/test_project_replication.git: KeyExchange signature verification failed for key type=ssh-rsa
  Command: mkdir -p '/opt/gerrit/parentProject/test_project_replication.git' && cd '/opt/gerrit/parentProject/test_project_replication.git' && git init --bare && git symbolic-ref HEAD 'refs/heads/master'

We didn't change anything in the ~/.ssh/config and ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub.

David Ostrovsky

Jun 28, 2022, 4:37:52 PM6/28/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Since Gerrit 3.4 Apache MINA SSHD was updated to 2.6.0, that includes this
change: [1]. See this related issue: [2] and this release notes entry: [3]:
  • Issue 14644: Weak security settings accidentally removed in SSH transport

Nguyen Tuan Khang Phan

Sep 2, 2022, 6:39:14 AM9/2/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
We are unable to fix it. Can you show us how to do so? Currently we are working around it with pull-replication plugin.

Matthias Sohn

Sep 5, 2022, 8:54:33 AM9/5/22
to Nguyen Tuan Khang Phan, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Fri, Sep 2, 2022 at 12:39 PM Nguyen Tuan Khang Phan <phan....@gmail.com> wrote:
We are unable to fix it. Can you show us how to do so? Currently we are working around it with pull-replication plugin.

AFAICS upgrading to 3.4.1 should fix this problem since it contains the bugfix mentioned by David

-Matthias

Nguyen Tuan Khang Phan

Oct 19, 2022, 6:55:06 PM10/19/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

AFAICS upgrading to 3.4.1 should fix this problem since it contains the bugfix mentioned by David

-Matthias

 We are on 3.4.5 the issue still persists. Should we regenerate our id_rsa? If yes, which algorithm should we use?