Error when upgrading a Gerrit VM (3.0) to a Gerrit 3.3 inside a K8S

Otavio Salvador

Dec 24, 2021, 1:32:46 PM12/24/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello all,

We're facing some weird behavior when upgrading from Gerrit 3.0 to 3.3. Once we copy the `git` directory to the new instance, I lose the groups and, consequently, access to existing repositories.

Is there any documentation about the directories I need to copy when restoring a Gerrit installation elsewhere?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Regards,

José Granha

Dec 27, 2021, 6:55:39 AM12/27/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi

I suggest you take a look at the server id configuration in gerrit.config as it needs to be the same between the two server versions.

Hope it helps

José

Nasser Grainawi

Otavio Salvador

Jan 12, 2022, 4:44:51 PM1/12/22
to Nasser Grainawi, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello all,

Em qua., 5 de jan. de 2022 às 16:29, Nasser Grainawi
<nas...@codeaurora.org> escreveu:
> We're facing some weird behavior when upgrading from Gerrit 3.0 to 3.3. Once we copy the `git` directory to the new instance, I lose the groups and, consequently, access to existing repositories.

We are still fighting with it. We have:

- ensured serverId is the same on both old and new installs
- copied all repositories
- ran the init to do the migrations

The gerrit "seems" to run fine, however, we still don't see the data.

The end of log is below:

[2022-01-12T20:27:48.050Z] [main] INFO
com.google.gerrit.server.plugins.PluginLoader : Loaded plugin
healthcheck, version v3.3.0-27-g661b1d0055
Jan 12, 2022 8:27:48 PM
com.google.inject.assistedinject.FactoryProvider2
isValidForOptimizedAssistedInject
WARNING: AssistedInject factory
com.googlesource.gerrit.plugins.replication.Destination$Factory will
be slow because class
com.googlesource.gerrit.plugins.replication.Destination has assisted
Provider dependencies or injects the Injector. Stop injecting
@Assisted Provider<T> (instead use @Assisted T) or Injector to speed
things up. (It will be a ~6500% speed bump!) The exact offending deps
are: [Key[type=com.google.inject.Injector,
annotation=[none]]@com.googlesource.gerrit.plugins.replication.Destination.<init>()[0]]
[2022-01-12T20:27:48.449Z] [main] INFO
com.google.gerrit.server.plugins.PluginLoader : Loaded plugin
replication, version v3.3.1
[2022-01-12T20:27:48.557Z] [main] INFO
com.google.gerrit.server.plugins.PluginLoader : Loaded plugin
reviewnotes, version v3.3.1
[2022-01-12T20:27:48.642Z] [main] INFO
com.google.gerrit.server.config.ScheduleConfig : No schedule
configuration for "accountDeactivation".
[2022-01-12T20:27:48.753Z] [main] INFO
com.google.gerrit.sshd.SshDaemon : Started Gerrit APACHE-SSHD-2.4.0 on
*:29418
[2022-01-12T20:27:48.840Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server : jetty-9.4.33.v20201020; built:
2020-10-20T23:39:24.803Z; git:
1be68755656cef678b79a2ef1c2ebbca99e25420; jvm 11.0.4+4-alpine-r1
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.044Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session : DefaultSessionIdManager
workerName=node0
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.045Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session : No SessionScavenger set, using
defaults
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.046Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.session : node0 Scavenging every 600000ms
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.347Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler : Started
o.e.j.s.ServletContextHandler@384b718c{/,null,AVAILABLE}
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.443Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector : Started
ServerConnector@4411a0fe{HTTP/1.1, (http/1.1)}{0.0.0.0:8080}
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.444Z] [main] INFO
org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server : Started @27957ms
[2022-01-12T20:27:49.445Z] [main] INFO com.google.gerrit.pgm.Daemon :
Gerrit Code Review 3.3.1 ready

Is there a way to collect more information about the system? increase
the log or something?

I am a bit lost here...

--
Otavio Salvador
+55 53 9981-7854

Martin Fick

Jan 12, 2022, 4:50:22 PM1/12/22
to Otavio Salvador, Nasser Grainawi, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On 2022-01-12 14:44, Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Em qua., 5 de jan. de 2022 às 16:29, Nasser Grainawi
> <nas...@codeaurora.org> escreveu:
>> We're facing some weird behavior when upgrading from Gerrit 3.0 to
>> 3.3. Once we copy the `git` directory to the new instance, I lose the
>> groups and, consequently, access to existing repositories.
>
> We are still fighting with it. We have:
>
> - ensured serverId is the same on both old and new installs
> - copied all repositories
> - ran the init to do the migrations
>
> The gerrit "seems" to run fine, however, we still don't see the data.

I would suggest first performing your copy to the new instance to
see if you can run Gerrit 3.0 on the new instance before you upgrade
it to 3.3. This will let you know whether you have a problem copying
your instance or with the upgrade to 3.3,

-Martin

--
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code
Aurora Forum, hosted by The Linux Foundation