Log4j library : WEB_INF/lib/log4j1.2.17

瀏覽次數:78 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Nikita Maldhure

未讀,
2022年5月5日 凌晨12:33:442022/5/5
收件者:Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hello Team

I downloaded the latest version of Gerrit 3.5.0.1, looks like it has log4j 1.2.17 version included in WEB_INF/lib. As Gerrit's launcher unpacks the WEB-INF/lib directory to a tmp directory on startup, hence our security tools (Qualys) reports the log4j issue as it is vulnerable to CVE-2021-44228. As per Apache logging website, Log4j 1.x has reached End of Life in 2015 and is no longer supported.

Path where this log4j is reported is :
/root/.gerritcodereview/tmp/gerrit_XXXXXX/log4j1.2.17.jar

May I know if this would be removed from the WEB_INF/lib in the future releases.
Is there any ETA of remediation of EOL log4j libraries within?

Thanks,
Nikita Maldhure

Sven Selberg

未讀,
2022年5月5日 凌晨2:56:522022/5/5
On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 6:33:44 AM UTC+2 nikitaw...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello Team

I downloaded the latest version of Gerrit 3.5.0.1, looks like it has log4j 1.2.17 version included in WEB_INF/lib. As Gerrit's launcher unpacks the WEB-INF/lib directory to a tmp directory on startup, hence our security tools (Qualys) reports the log4j issue as it is vulnerable to CVE-2021-44228. As per Apache logging website, Log4j 1.x has reached End of Life in 2015 and is no longer supported.

Path where this log4j is reported is :
/root/.gerritcodereview/tmp/gerrit_XXXXXX/log4j1.2.17.jar

I'm guessing this is a leftover from a previous deployment of Gerrit  on the server.
If you check the /root/.gerritcodereview/tmp/ directory you'll most likely find (at least) one gerrit_XXXXXX directory that is more recent (and in use).
Since it is a temporary directory you can remove it before deployment to double-check that the 3.5.0 release doesn't contain log4j,

Matthias Sohn

未讀,
2022年5月5日 凌晨3:38:192022/5/5
收件者:Sven Selberg、Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 8:56 AM Sven Selberg <sven.s...@axis.com> wrote:

[...]

CVE-2021-44228 [1] was published on Dec 10, 2021 after Gerrit 3.5.0.1 was released on Dec 7, 2021.
Gerrit 3.5.0.1 contains
./WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.17.jar
./WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.26.jar

You need to upgrade to Gerrit 3.5.1 which fixes this CVE by updating the used logging implementation to reload4j [2]
./WEB-INF/lib/reload4j-1.2.19.jar
./WEB-INF/lib/slf4j-reload4j-1.7.36.jar

In order to benefit from the latest security patches ensure to always update to the latest patch release of the
gerrit version you are using [3].

-Matthias

May I know if this would be removed from the WEB_INF/lib in the future releases.
Is there any ETA of remediation of EOL log4j libraries within?

Thanks,
Nikita Maldhure

Sven Selberg

未讀,
2022年5月5日 凌晨3:58:212022/5/5
On Thursday, May 5, 2022 at 9:38:19 AM UTC+2 Matthias Sohn wrote:
[...]

Sorry, I read 3.5.0.1 as 3.5.1, my bad.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄