Doing something similar to "git rev-list" using Gerrit REST API

Sahan Maldeniya

Jun 9, 2022, 2:16:50 PM6/9/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
HI

Is it possible to do a similar operation to "git rev-list" using one or more endpoints in gerrit REST API ?

We are looking to get set of commits occured between two commit hashes and currently we are using "git rev-list <from_commit>...<to_commit>" but the implementation is not scalable and blocking for reach request. Because we are looking for alternatives that does not have bottle neck to slow down our dashboards.

Thank You

David Ostrovsky

Jun 10, 2022, 2:45:29 AM6/10/22
smald...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022 um 20:16:50 UTC+2:
HI

Is it possible to do a similar operation to "git rev-list" using one or more endpoints in gerrit REST API ?

If you are using gitiles, you could say something like this: [1].

Sven Selberg

Sven Selberg

Jun 14, 2022, 8:26:42 AM6/14/22
On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 8:54:15 AM UTC+2 Sven Selberg wrote:
On Friday, June 10, 2022 at 8:45:29 AM UTC+2 David Ostrovsky wrote:
smald...@gmail.com schrieb am Donnerstag, 9. Juni 2022 um 20:16:50 UTC+2:
HI

Is it possible to do a similar operation to "git rev-list" using one or more endpoints in gerrit REST API ?

If you are using gitiles, you could say something like this: [1].

NOTE: For the benefit of everyone else please post your questions on Repo Discuss and not to individual mail-boxes.

This URL works for gerrit-review, if you have a more "standard" setup the URL would look something like:

https://$GERRIT_URL/plugins/gitiles/$PROJECT/+log/v4.1.13..v5.0.1