Community management work done

Marco Miller

Apr 20, 2020, 11:36:49 AM4/20/20
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi everyone,

We, community managers, would like to share what we think we accomplished during this ending term.
So here is a humble summary of those items, with links for the detailed evidence ;)
Our goal with sharing this list now is to close the year transparently and happily:
  1. For the first time in Gerrit, a Community backlog [1] was initialized to structure and do the work.
  2. A first formal Gerrit community Retrospective was conducted, which led to shared actions [2].
  3. That goal of actively listening to us community helped Google conclude their Survey, with [3].
  4. Contributions to the first Gerrit governance process [4], we hope, helped pave that whole way above.
  5. The companion Contribution process [5] started similarly, or so we intended; design docs to the rescue!
  6. With such community roles, contributions and design reviews came the need for a Code of Conduct [6].
  7. A new plugins status home page emerged [7], also thanks to core maintainers and ESC contributions.
Again, community members (you) are welcome to candidate for the next Gerrit governance term, [8].
-Until that next upcoming term unfolds then :)
/Marco, with Edwin and Matthias [9].

Ben Rohlfs

Apr 20, 2020, 4:04:57 PM4/20/20
to Marco Miller, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Marco, Matthias and Edwin, thank you so much for your great work as community managers! You have done a fantastic job and filled the newly created role with life.

-Ben

Luca Milanesio

Apr 20, 2020, 5:27:56 PM4/20/20
to Marco Miller, Matthias Sohn, Edwin Kempin, Luca Milanesio, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

On 20 Apr 2020, at 16:36, Marco Miller <marco....@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

That’s a remarkable list of successes, well done Community Managers for your work and dedication.

Luca.

David Pursehouse

Apr 20, 2020, 7:19:36 PM4/20/20
to Luca Milanesio, Marco Miller, Matthias Sohn, Edwin Kempin, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 6:27 AM Luca Milanesio <luca.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

+1 this is a great acheivement.

How about making this (Marco's original mail) into a post on the project news site?

Sven Selberg

Apr 21, 2020, 3:52:10 AM4/21/20

On Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 1:19:36 AM UTC+2, David Pursehouse wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 6:27 AM Luca Milanesio <luca.m...@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

+1 great work

How about making this (Marco's original mail) into a post on the project news site?

+1

Luca.

---

Alice Kober-Sotzek

Apr 21, 2020, 4:07:30 AM4/21/20
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Matthias, Marco, Edwin, thank you for all your work and dedication as community managers in the past year. You did an excellent job.

---
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/repo-discuss/00ccd773-c16a-4a63-9e33-89c2ade7818b%40googlegroups.com.

Marco Miller

Apr 21, 2020, 5:03:34 PM4/21/20
On Monday, April 20, 2020 at 7:19:36 PM UTC-4, David Pursehouse wrote:
[...]

+1 this is a great achievement.

How about making this (Marco's original mail) into a post on the project news site?

Started through [10] below; thanks @David.
-And thanks everyone for all the kind words and feedback!