JMX metrics in 3.3.5

Levente Laszlo

Jul 23, 2021, 7:34:17 AM7/23/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hey Folks,

we upgraded our production instance from 3.2.10 to 3.3.5 recently, running gerrit in a container (ubuntu 20.04)

during the testing of 3.3.5 on my local VM I could see all metrics through JDK mission control, but in production now we can collect only a subset of the previously available metrics. E.g. git/ and sshd/ are completely missing, notedb has only external_id_update_count

I know that the metrics-reporter-jmx plugin isn't built on stable-3.3, so I downloaded the last stable build from stable-3.2, but again, I've tested it with v3.3.5 and it was OK

So, my question: is there any place (except the plugin config file, which is not used by us) where we can exclude metrics, because I cannot find a hint in the docs?
(extra question: based on the plugin compatibility matrix, metrics-reporter-jmx is not deprecated, is it on the roadmap to add it to stable-3.3 (and stable-3.4)?)

Thanks,
Levente

Levente Laszlo

Aug 3, 2021, 8:14:33 AM8/3/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
just as a heads-up, after a container restart, all metrics are available again

Could you please provide any info about the JMX plugin status on stable-3.3?

Thanks,
Levente

Saša Živkov

Aug 3, 2021, 9:05:08 AM8/3/21
to Levente Laszlo, Repo and Gerrit Discussion
On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 2:14 PM Levente Laszlo <leven...@gmail.com> wrote:
just as a heads-up, after a container restart, all metrics are available again

Looks like you are affected by the issue which I fixed in this change [1]. This fix is only available in the master branch.

Could you please provide any info about the JMX plugin status on stable-3.3?

We build that plugin from its master branch and use it for our 21.6 and 3.2 Gerrit servers.
I suggest you also switch to using the build form the master branch.

Thanks,
Levente