Issue with attention-set and "disabled" owner

Sascha Vogt

Jan 11, 2022, 5:45:12 AM1/11/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hi all,

I think there is a minor issue with the attention-set feature.

In general you cannot add anyone to attention-sets who have no (longer)
read permissions on the change. This is good, but fails if the owner has
left the company or moved to another department therefore "loosing" it's
read privileges on the change.

Similar but "fixable" is uploader (by just producing a new dummy
upload), but the owner is (at least to my knowledge) not adjustable.

The shown error is "Error 422 (Unprocessable Entity): Can't add to
attention set: Read not permitted for <user-id>"

I think the automatic rules should take that into consideration and not
add anyone automatically if that person has no longer read rights
instead of failing upon sending a comment...

Any thoughts or workarounds on that?

Greetings
-Sascha-