[ANNOUNCE] Gerrit v2.15 and associated plugins removed from Gerrit-CI

Luca Milanesio

Nov 22, 2019, 3:48:11 AM11/22/19
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion, Luca Milanesio
Hi all,
I am pleased to announce that we have put off-line the following Gerrit builds and their associated plugins:
- Gerrit v2.15.*

All the old builds can be still accessed through the GerritForge's archive CI
(https://archive-ci.gerritforge.com)

What does this mean for the community? Two things:
1. We can stop updating the Gerrit Bazel build on stable-2.15 branch, lowering the maintenance burden for contributors and maintainers
2. We are not able anymore to perform any more validation or fixes on any Gerrit version v2.15 or older

If you are still on Gerrit v2.15 or earlier and, for one reason or another, you cannot upgrade, you can still access the GerritForge's archive and, if you require fixes, refer to a commercial partner for specific ad-hoc support.

For any questions or objections, feel free to provide your feedback.

Luca Milanesio - Maintainer and Release Manager

Doug Robinson

Feb 3, 2020, 2:54:29 PM2/3/20
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
It appears that 2.15 did not get archived OR there is some permission issue blocking access. I can see 2.10 through 2.14 but not 2.15. Thoughts?

David Ostrovsky

Feb 3, 2020, 3:17:41 PM2/3/20

Am Montag, 3. Februar 2020 20:54:29 UTC+1 schrieb Doug Robinson:
It appears that 2.15 did not get archived OR there is some permission issue blocking access.  I can see 2.10 through 2.14 but not 2.15.  Thoughts?

Doug Robinson

Feb 3, 2020, 4:44:59 PM2/3/20
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
David:
Thank you!  My neither Chrome nor Firefox were helping there.  I searched for 2.15 and found nothing.  Turns out if you hold-over then you can see that they're there!

Cheers!

Doug