Gerrit 3.3.6 comments visibility

hari

Jun 21, 2022, 5:50:51 AM6/21/22
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Hi All,

We have a gerrit instance that is shared with external customer too. Hence at times, there is a need for me to mark few comments invisible to our external customer, while it should be visible to our internal employees. So I’d like to know if it’s possible to filter out some messages from a specific user for customers not to see them

Thanks,
Hariharan

luca.mi...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2022, 10:17:22 AM6/21/22
to hari, Repo and Gerrit Discussion

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Jun 2022, at 10:50, hari <bhh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

We have a gerrit instance that is shared with external customer too. Hence at times, there is a need for me to mark few comments invisible to our external customer, while it should be visible to our internal employees. So I’d like to know if it’s possible to filter out some messages from a specific user for customers not to see them

That’s not possible at comment level but only at change level AFAIK.

HTH

Luca

Thanks,
Hariharan

David Ostrovsky

Jun 21, 2022, 10:40:26 AM6/21/22
lucamilanesio schrieb am Dienstag, 21. Juni 2022 um 16:17:22 UTC+2:

Sent from my iPhone

On 21 Jun 2022, at 10:50, hari <bhh...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

We have a gerrit instance that is shared with external customer too. Hence at times, there is a need for me to mark few comments invisible to our external customer, while it should be visible to our internal employees. So I’d like to know if it’s possible to filter out some messages from a specific user for customers not to see them

That’s not possible at comment level but only at change level AFAIK.

Right, and it would be a nice feature to allow to restrict the comment visibility for
certain groups at change level. See for example: [1].

That would make sense not only for internal/external customers of enterprise gerrit
installations, but  also for Open Source gerrit installations, so that infrastructure team,
maintainer team, community manager team and security team could start and keep
conversations only visible to the members of those groups.