plugin-manager request different user/password?

Yingchun Li

Feb 8, 2021, 7:18:46 AM2/8/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
I have installed the plugin-manager and enable the option
in the gerrit.config, go into the plugins page from
Plugins->manage, and the plugins will be listed.

But if I install one plugin or upgrade plugin, it will prompt
the "user" and ''password", says:

"
http://gerrit.local is requesting your username and password.
The site says: “Gerrit Code Review”
"
After inputting the same username and password(admin) as I login to gerrit site.
I cannot start the install or upgrade, it always ask me input the
username and password, seems I input wrong(but I am sure I input the right words).
The gerrit-home/logs/error_log said:

"[2021-02-08T20:05:35.950+08:00] [HTTP-184] WARN  com.google.gerrit.httpd.ProjectBasicAuthFilter : Authentication from 192.168.10.221 failed for gerrit: password does not match the one stored in Gerrit"

I user the apache as front-end authentication, my gerrit version is 3.3.0

Br,
Yingchun

Joseph Rubin

Feb 11, 2021, 10:43:09 AM2/11/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Hi,

You may be having the same issue that I had here: https://groups.google.com/g/repo-discuss/c/xxSvWk1GtRU/m/cbKYJ99FBQAJ

Yingchun Li

Feb 15, 2021, 6:58:24 AM2/15/21
to Repo and Gerrit Discussion
Thank you Josephm!
   Your post

"I figured it out. The whole /a/ directory was being protected by Gerrit. I set auth.trustContainerAuth to true and now Gerrit trusts apache. Thanks! "

   resolve my question.
   And more, you save me twice, now I can use http protocol to download my project, just
before I can only clone the project with ssh.
   Thanks a lot.