maxcombo , finished replica island based game

Leo Cedric

Apr 7, 2015, 6:56:47 AM4/7/15
to replica-island-...@googlegroups.com
HI Guys, hey Chris,

its been an amazing!! development adventure, mixed with all kind of emotion!! and Joy to learn and make a game from the  replica island source code, coming from near to zero java and android development background.
i was mid php dev with bit of drawing skill before, and Thanks to Crhis Pruett, who made such a huuugggeeeee!! :-)  impact in my life trough replica island and is exceptional coding skills!!
i have learned so much in the past 7 months from it , having a full time dev job and a small family, and dedicating 4 to 6 hours per week, learning from the source code.

the game is acarde type action game and is now on googleplay and amazon

here with some links,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leodesignplay.maxcombofree

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys94UgqvOv8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FZGdPE-rEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ69PepDXZs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4giGPsRaERI

some feedback on the game play and if error finding , will be appreciated :)
thanks again Crhis,
regards.

Chris Pruett

Apr 7, 2015, 2:28:10 PM4/7/15
to replica-island-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Leo,

Congrats on shipping, and I’m so happy that Replica Island helped you learn how to code this kind of game.  I’m downloading now!

Cheers,
Chris

CHUA Chee Wee

Apr 7, 2015, 7:15:32 PM4/7/15
to replica-island-...@googlegroups.com

Congratulations on finishing the game Leo!

I was the first person to download it yesterday and as you can see, I've already reported the crashes I've encountered.

I like the game. Keep up the good work!

Leo Cedric

Apr 7, 2015, 10:31:57 PM4/7/15
to replica-island-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chua,

thank you for downloading , trying and mostly for reporting and feedback.

Yes, i have noticed the "application not reponsding (ANRS)" crash report , that may cause the game to hang for few secs sometimes, the game  currently do a lot of UI thread , hence this type of issue,
i am now working on optimization and improving overhaul performance of the game, while keeping all the fun in it :)

thanks again,

regards.

Frodo Baggins

May 16, 2015, 5:32:53 PM5/16/15