Fwd: [Open Manufacturing] Open Source Electronic Manufacturing

Sam Putman

Jul 18, 2010, 4:15:40 PM7/18/10
to RepLab Discussion List
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Darren Vandervort <darrenva...@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 12:37 PM
Subject: [Open Manufacturing] Open Source Electronic Manufacturing
To: Open Manufacturing <openmanu...@googlegroups.com>

Hello,

I have a couple projects I wanted to solicit input on.  One is an <a
href="http://opencapitalist.org/content/open-source-electronic-
manufacturing-line">Open Source Electronic Manufacturing Line</a>, the
other is a project I am working on with Open Source Ecology, an <a
href="http://openpario.mime.oregonstate.edu/projects/osif">Open Source
Induction Furnace</a>.

Is there anyone on this list that currently has electronic circuits
manufactured off-shore that would like to do it locally?  I am looking
for a small group of individuals that would like to beta test an open
source pick and place machine.  I am trying to get a few of them put
together and ship off to different sites to solicit input.  There
wouldn't be a cost associated with this, but bug reports/suggestions
would be appreciated.

The second part, the induction furnace, is needed for Open Source
Ecology and Open Capitalist.  I want to use it for the solder pot for
thru-hole parts, OSE wants a much bigger version for melting/heat
treating metal.  If this is up your alley then I would love to hear
from you.

Thank you