Re: [RepLab] Re: [Open Manufacturing] Re: Open Transportation

Cathal Garvey

Jun 24, 2010, 10:17:14 AM6/24/10
to rep...@googlegroups.com
I would personally very much love to build one of those. I imagine containing the hydrogen would call for something more dense than a thermoplastic though, wouldn't it? Hydrogen can leak through metal, let alone plastic..

On 24 June 2010 15:02, Leo Dearden <leo.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 24 June 2010 14:48, Patrick Anderson <agnu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 11:11 AM, Liam Rattray <liam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Open source zepplin project. The DUTCH of course.
> http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2009/02/gipsy-zeppelin-baseship.html#more

All these Open Designs are great.

Anyone know of a group trying to Open up Manufacturing itself - so I
can get access to the expensive tools needed to implement one of these
designs?

In general I think that the OM community on this list is doing that. If you want something more focussed on exactly what you're talking about, see:

RepLab (rep...@googlegroups.com, http://groups.google.com/group/replab?pli=1)

It's an offshoot of the Open Source Ecology project inspired by the RepRap and FabLabs.

The list is pretty quiet, IMHO because we're heads down getting on with realising that vision. :-)

Cheers,

Leo

--
letters.cunningprojects.com