REOPS Player & Apache Origin & f4m-Dynamic HTTP Streaming & embedded cuePoints

daslicht

Dec 25, 2010, 12:12:12 PM12/25/10
to reops
Hello,
is it possible to listen to embedded cuePoints in f4m files ?

How can I playback f4m files with REOPS ?

I tried the SimplesPlayer Example but it did not playback my f4m
files.

The files and the server is working properly, I tried it with the
spark video player.

Cheers
Marc

jccrosby

Jan 3, 2011, 3:19:09 PM1/3/11
to reops
Sorry for the delayed response Marc.

I forwarded on your question to David to see what he had to say. Here
was his response:

"REOPS should not have any issue playing F4M files. We have tested a
number of them.
I don’t know the specifics for cue points in F4M – I would suggest
hitting the OSMF forum on adobe.com or reading the F4M spec. Also if
it is a new addition post 1.0 that could the be the issue with REOPS.

We hope to release an update to REOPS in the near future, but
currently it’s all dependent on getting enough time away from normal
projects. If you want to send a link to your F4M file I would be happy
to try and take a look but it might be a couple of days."

Please let us know if you have any further questions or input or would
like us to take a look, let us know.

John