ECT 4

Christian Krause

Feb 13, 2013, 5:11:33 AM2/13/13
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

the development of ECT is now managed in an open source project at Google Code. You can find the source code project web site here: http://code.google.com/p/extensible-coordination-tools/

We now deliver continuous updates with version numbers 4.0.0.X where X is a date-based qualifier. Therefore, we call the new versions of the tools "ECT 4".

To install ECT 4, please first make sure that you uninstall any old ECT versions. For this, click on Help - About Eclipse - Installation Details. Then uninstall all Reo features with versions below 4.0.0. To complete the uninstall process, restart Eclipse. Then you are ready to install ECT 4. Just point the Eclipse update manager to this URL: http://reo.project.cwi.nl/update. This is in fact the old ECT update site URL. Select the features you want to install and follow the installation instructions. Once you have upgraded to ECT 4, you can install updates as usual by clicking on Help - Check for Updates.

Note that the Distributed Engine feature is now part of the Reo Core Tools. Also, the conversion tools do no longer include the BPMN convertor because it required out-dated packages. We hope that we can migrate the BPMN converter soon to the new BPMN2 Modeler tools.

If you are interested in knowing how many lines of code we have in ECT, I collected some stats in this blog post: http://christiankrause.blogspot.de/2013/02/ect-4.html

If you have any questions or problems, please contact our mailing list.

Cheers,
Christian