Implementation details of ReoLive

Alireza Farhadi

Jun 7, 2012, 12:17:18 PM6/7/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members,

I try to find how ReoLive works I think that acts as constraint automata engine. This means at first calculate corresponding constraint automata from Reo connector so based on existence of requests on component ports, CA can select some or one transition-s in the current state.

My question is in this scenario if CA has some transition for next step which of them must be select and why? Can I have some technical document about internal operation in ReoLive?

Regards,
Alireza Farhadi

Christian Krause

Jun 7, 2012, 1:29:44 PM6/7/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alireza,

there is a short description of the interpreter and the code generator (both implemented by Ziyan Maraikar) in my PhD thesis on page 43. ReoLive is basically just a wrapper around this CA-interpreter.

As you mentioned, it can be the case that multiple transitions are enabled in a given state. In such a situation, the choice for a particular transition is made nondeterministically. That means also that in the case of a LossySync channel, it can lose the data even though a read request is available at the sink end.

If you want a context-sensitive (and truly distributed) implementation of Reo, you should take a look at Jose Proenca's Dreams framework: https://lirias.kuleuven.be/bitstream/123456789/332972/1/SAC2012.pdf

Cheers,
Christian

Pankaj Kasar

Sep 14, 2012, 12:16:50 AM9/14/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
I am PANKAJ KASAR pursuing my MTech degree. Currently i am working on TIME CONSTRAINT AUTOMATA in my project. Please give me all resources such as web , video, pdfs etc about the basics of TIME CONSTRAINT AUTOMATA. And please help me.
Thank you..!!!

Christian Krause

Sep 14, 2012, 2:48:56 AM9/14/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pankaj,

we are currently facing some technical problems with our website. We hope that it will be up again in the next couple of days. Regarding your question on TCA, here are a couple of references that might be interesting for you:

- Models and Temporal Logics for Timed Component Connectors (Arbab , Baier, de Boer, Rutten):
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/content/institutes/thi/algi/publikationen/texte/04_00.pdf

- SAT-based Verification for Timed Component Connectors (Kemper):
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167642311000499

- From Timed Reo Networks to Networks of Timed Automata (Kokash, Jaghoori, Arbab):
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~kokash/documents/fesca12.pdf

- Reo + mCRL2: A Framework for Model-checking Dataflow in Service Compositions (Kokash, Krause, de Vink):
http://homepages.cwi.nl/~kokash/documents/FACJ11.pdf

-  Time at Your Service (Jaghoori) -- this is not really on Reo I think:
http://hdl.handle.net/1887/16260

There are probably more papers in that area, which I forgot to mention here. I suggest that you take a look at the references in these papers and the authors publication lists.

Regarding tooling: there is a graphical editor for (a variant of?) TCA in ECT. You can analyze them using bounded model checking. See the paper by Kemper.

Cheers,
Christian

Pankaj Kasar

Sep 14, 2012, 4:05:54 AM9/14/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
First of all thank you for helping me. But Whatever material
provided by you is already with me.
Can you explain me from basics. A general view from your perspective.
WHAT IS TCA??
As I know it is used for modelling purpose to verify real time systems..
I need more help sir. Can you able to give me recent papers frm IEEE
on this topic??
Thank you..!!!

On 13/09/2012, Christian Krause <hensh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Pankaj,
>
> we are currently facing some technical problems with our website. We
> hope that it will be up again in the next couple of days. Regarding your
> question on TCA, here are a couple of references that might be
> interesting for you:
>
> - Models and Temporal Logics for Timed Component Connectors (Arbab ,
> Baier, de Boer, Rutten):
> http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/content/institutes/thi/algi/publikationen/texte/04_00.pdf
>
> - SAT-based Verification for Timed Component Connectors (Kemper):
> http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0167642311000499
>
> - From Timed Reo Networks to Networks of Timed Automata (Kokash,
> Jaghoori, Arbab):
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~kokash/documents/fesca12.pdf
> <http://homepages.cwi.nl/%7Ekokash/documents/fesca12.pdf>
>
> - Reo + mCRL2: A Framework for Model-checking Dataflow in Service
> Compositions (Kokash, Krause, de Vink):
> http://homepages.cwi.nl/~kokash/documents/FACJ11.pdf
> <http://homepages.cwi.nl/%7Ekokash/documents/FACJ11.pdf>
>
> - Time at Your Service <http://hdl.handle.net/1887/16260>(Jaghoori) --
> this is not really on Reo I think:
> http://hdl.handle.net/1887/16260
>
> There are probably more papers in that area, which I forgot to mention
> here. I suggest that you take a look at the references in these papers
> and the authors publication lists.
>
> Regarding tooling: there is a graphical editor for (a variant of?) TCA
> in ECT. You can analyze them using bounded model checking. See the paper
> by Kemper.
>
> Cheers,
> Christian
>

> On 09/14/2012 06:16 AM, Pankaj Kasar wrote:
>> Respected Sir,
>> I am PANKAJ KASAR pursuing my MTech degree. Currently i am working on
>> TIME CONSTRAINT AUTOMATA in my project. Please give me all resources
>> such as web , video, pdfs etc about the basics of TIME CONSTRAINT
>> AUTOMATA. And please help me.
>> Thank you..!!!
>>
>> On 7 June 2012 09:17, Alireza Farhadi <alireza...@gmail.com
>> <mailto:alireza...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Members,
>>
>> I try to find how ReoLive works I think that acts as constraint
>> automata engine. This means at first calculate corresponding
>> constraint automata from Reo connector so based on existence of
>> requests on component ports, CA can select some or one
>> transition-s in the current state.
>>
>> My question is in this scenario if CA has some transition for next
>> step which of them must be select and why? Can I have some
>> technical document about internal operation in ReoLive?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Alireza Farhadi

Christian Krause

Sep 14, 2012, 4:56:49 AM9/14/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Dear Pankaj,

I don't know why you want to work with TCA. TCA are a semantic model for timed channels and components in the coordination language Reo. If you want to model real-time systems with timed Reo, you should probably first do some background reading about the general ideas and principles behind Reo.

Regards,
Christian

Pankaj Kasar

Sep 14, 2012, 6:59:31 AM9/14/12
to reo...@googlegroups.com
Respected Sir,
I am Computer Engineer and now pursuing my post graduate Degree in computer engineering. In that we have project to implement. Therefore I need knowledge about TCA. I haven't studied before TCA, its very new for me. So I approach you and joined this group. If anybody interested rather than you to help me in this area, can you able to give me  EMAL IDs of those peoples??
Thank you..!!!