Newcomer to Reno

Jason Belk

Aug 15, 2019, 9:58:34 PM8/15/19
to Reno Linux Users Group
Hi Everyone,

I am moving up to Reno next week. My wife's family lives there and I have been coming up to Reno on and off for 10 years until I could get a job which allows me to work full-time remote.

I have a background in Network Operations, and more recently in Network Automation, using Linux mostly within the contexts of setting up development environments for managing networking infrastructure.

Looking forward to connecting with other IT Professionals in the Reno area and helping out where I can.

Jesse Shea

Aug 15, 2019, 10:57:46 PM8/15/19
to ren...@googlegroups.com
You interested in teaching? We run a technical academy up here called RTA (Reno Technology Academy) funded by the State. It might be something to do while you're looking, or even after you find gainful employment. It isn't full time yet, but you do get paid for the number of classes that you teach which is nice.

Jason Belk

Aug 15, 2019, 11:46:19 PM8/15/19
to ren...@googlegroups.com
I am interested, I currently am a teacher and consultant helping network operators with no programing background learn how to use Python, ansible and APIs.  Hit me up on LinkedIn or email jbel...@gmail.com

Jeff Cauhape

Aug 18, 2019, 12:40:30 PM8/18/19
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I might be interested in teaching an evening course this winter. I have a day job doing Linux and Solaris admin for the State, so day classes are out.

Follow up to my email at cau...@protonmail.com

Thanks,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone