Request for presenters for the June Meeting

Roy Lindauer

May 9, 2015, 12:05:44 PM5/9/15
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Good morning.

We are starting to work on the next meeting and are looking for some people to present.

I was thinking that it would be great to learn some more about systemd since it has been quite a disruptive and controversial topic in the Linux community. Would anyone be interested in discussing systemd, its pros and cons, and how it compares to sysvinit and upstart?

Another topic that might be useful would be in Bash Scripting, and scripting for Linux in general.

And of course, if you have a different topic idea we would love to hear it :)

If anyone is interested please reply to this message or to me directly.

- Roy

Roy Lindauer

May 28, 2015, 12:59:35 AM5/28/15
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Hey, so the meeting is next week and we do not have a topic. Anyone interested in doing a quick 15-30 minute thing?

I'd love if someone could talk about systemd and sysvinit if possible.

Let me know! I'd like to announce the meetup soon..

Reggie Darden

May 28, 2015, 12:57:11 PM5/28/15
to ren...@googlegroups.com
I could perhaps do a little something on xen server if there aren't any other volunteers.

Sent from my iPhone

Roy Lindauer

May 28, 2015, 1:37:31 PM5/28/15
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Reggie that would be rad

Roy Lindauer

May 28, 2015, 1:39:40 PM5/28/15
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Hey, actually, hold off on that idea for right now :)