Re: [RLUG] RLUG Status

Message has been deleted

Ken Williams

Aug 24, 2016, 12:35:36 PM8/24/16
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Torin,

I don't believe anyone has met in quite some time.

Feel free to ask any questions in this mailing list.

-Ken

On Aug 24, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Torin Emard <ema...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all! I'm Torin, I'm new here. Can anyone give me a heads up on the status of the group? Reading through posts here it seems that there is a move to go virtual (due to membership). Would that be here? I'm a Linux beginner and would love to be a part of the community!

Jesse Shea

Aug 24, 2016, 12:50:51 PM8/24/16
to ren...@googlegroups.com
I can still offer space at CCNN, but I'm afraid that I can only moderate as I am not a Linux aficionado.

I would be happy to help organize a committee that will put on monthly meetings, is there anyone that would be interested in joining me in a group capacity? Also suggestions for topics would be very useful to help me get an idea of what to talk about. I know that some of the meetings would wander, and I would like to set something up with some good structure to it.

Bob Tregilus

Aug 24, 2016, 12:59:34 PM8/24/16
to ren...@googlegroups.com
I would like to see some meetings. Maybe hold one every other month if there's not enough energy to do it every month?

I could do a presentation on photography and Linux, using Darktable and GIMP. I could also do a how to talk on netcasting with Linux as well.

---

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016, 9:35 AM Ken Williams <kwi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Torin,

I don't believe anyone has met in quite some time.

Feel free to ask any questions in this mailing list.

-Ken

On Aug 24, 2016, at 9:21 AM, Torin Emard <ema...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello all! I'm Torin, I'm new here. Can anyone give me a heads up on the status of the group? Reading through posts here it seems that there is a move to go virtual (due to membership). Would that be here? I'm a Linux beginner and would love to be a part of the community!

Message has been deleted

Jesse Shea

Aug 24, 2016, 2:40:21 PM8/24/16
to ren...@googlegroups.com

That sounds like a good presentation Bob. Would you be amenable to being in a few weeks to plan a meeting next month? If anyone else has any suggestions and would like to attend a business meeting for the group, I'll host and provide equipment for us to play on.

I think one of the previous difficulties the group had was only one person doing the planning. A group of people is much stronger and resilient, plus the are more places to draw ideas from.

On Aug 24, 2016 10:52 AM, "Torin Emard" <ema...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Ken!

Bob Tregilus

Aug 24, 2016, 2:57:14 PM8/24/16
to ren...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jesse -

Sure, happy to. I'm pretty much free whenever. You call it.

And yup, organizing is a lot of work for just one person.

Bob