converting GNU R packages to Renjin packages

Per Nyfelt

Nov 3, 2019, 8:28:57 AM11/3/19
to Renjin
Hi,

Someone asked how to convert a GNU R package (not available on CRAN or Bioconductor) to be able to be used by Renjin. After playing around with the renjin-maven-plugin I got it to work but there is a warning message during compilation:

code for methods in class "ctsm" was not checked for suspicious field assignments (recommended package 'codetools' not available?)

I thought it refered to codetools in cran but adding the following dependency
  <dependency>

<groupId>org.renjin.cran</groupId>

<artifactId>codetools</artifactId>

<version>0.2-16-b1</version>

</dependency>

...did not make any difference. What does the warning mean and how do I fix this?

Best regards,
Per