Announcement: Munin, a Renjin based report server

per.n...@gmail.com

Dec 23, 2020, 6:43:01 AM12/23/20
to Renjin
I am pleased to announce the first version of Munin, a reporting server based on Renjin and Spring Boot.

This first version has the following features:
- add / edit / delete and schedule reports
- support parameterized reports
- user administration

The integration of Renjin with Spring Boot is facilitated by the Renjin package renjin-spring-boot-starter for which version 1.0 is now also just released.

Html reports are created using the Renjin package htmlcreator (version 1.0 just released) which allows for easy creation of html reports with R entities such as data.tables and plots.

Here is an example:

library('se.alipsa:htmlcreator')

html.clear()
html.add("<html><body>")
html.add("
  .table-font-size {
    font-size: 14px;
  }
")

html.add("<h2>A Sample report with a table and an image<h2>")
html.add(
  barplot,
  table (mtcars$vs, mtcars$gear),
  main="Car Distribution by Gears and VS",
  col=c("darkblue","red"),
  htmlattr = list(alt="an mtcars plot")
)
html.add(mtcars, htmlattr=list(class="table table-striped table-font-size"))

html.add("</html></body>")
# If we are using Ride (or another IDE that defines an inout object), display the report in the IDE
if(exists("inout")) {
  inout$viewHtml(html.content(), "SimpleExample")
}
# Return the html content
html.content()

The name Munin is from the Nordic mythology where the two ravens of Oden, Hugin (thought) and Munin (memory) would everyday fly through all the worlds and report back to Oden.

See the following for more information:

Best regards,
Per

Bertram, Alexander

Dec 24, 2020, 2:46:05 AM12/24/20
to renji...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations, Per, looks very good!

We are in lockdown again here in NL so will have plenty of time to play with it!

Best,
Alex

per.n...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2020, 4:15:48 PM12/26/20
to Renjin
Thanks Alex, I made some minor updates and released a new version (1.0.1)

Next on the agenda for Munin is probably to support RMD files. The crux is getting the knitr package to work in Renjin and from there get RMD -> html to work - seems to be the markdown package that knitr depends on which is doing something in C that the gcc bridge cannot make sense of...

Best regards,
Per

daniel....@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2020, 4:25:19 AM12/27/20